The mission of CWC Kansas City is to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and demonstrating understanding while building connections within a diverse community.
CWC Kansas City faculty will implement a high-quality, challenging academic program that includes curriculum consistent with the constructivist learning theory, and developing project- based, interdisciplinary units that allow students to develop and then demonstrate their understanding actively and creatively.
This is a part-time position located in Kansas City, MO. For more information on Citizens of the World Charter Schools – Kansas City, please visit www.cwckansascity.org.
The After School Teacher position works to extend the school day through our After Class Enrichment (ACE) program. The ACE program offers three levels of programming to serve our students: Care (free play, snack time, homework help, units/lessons linked to the school day), Clubs, and Enrichments. The Teacher position offers collaborative oversight of the after-school learning environment.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with similar models of instruction, working in diverse communities, and a solid understanding of supporting the academic, social, and emotional development of elementary-aged children.
Hours are Monday-Friday between 3:15pm – 6:00pm and may be staggered across multiple teachers. Each position will be 10-15 hours per week.
Responsibilities will include:
Qualifications & Traits
The ideal teacher will have:
Compensation & Benefits
CWC Kansas City offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CWC Kansas City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an organization that values diversity and aims to serve a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
Please apply online through the BambooHR Application Portal on our website at www.cwckansascity.org/employment. No phone calls, please.
Employee Value Proposition
Who We Are
Who You Are
We are an intentionally diverse and welcoming community.
CWCKC was founded on a belief that we live in a richly diverse world and that diversity makes our experience better.
● You value diversity in all its dimensions and are excited to be part of a school community where that diversity is authentically encouraged and celebrated.
● You understand that identity is an important part of who we are - for both adults and students.
We believe education is about more than test scores.
Student learning matters and goes beyond just academics. Our teachers focus on the whole child by building our students’ socio-emotional skills and helping them develop a deeper understanding of themselves.
● You know that academic learning is important and have experience helping students develop their socio-emotional skills.
● You understand how to balance academic rigor with the development of the whole child.
Our teaching approach centers students’ interests and needs within projects and real-world experiences.
We strive to provide learning experiences that are meaningful and make a difference in our school and community. Our teachers engage students in projects based on their interests and individual learning needs.
● You are excited about designing project-based learning experiences for students grounded in their interests, experiences, and identity.
● You value students constructing their own learning to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them.
● You embrace creativity and risk- taking in lesson planning.
Your application was submitted successfully.