The mission of CWC Kansas City is to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and demonstrating understanding while building connections within a diverse community.
We are seeking a committed and passionate Special Education ParaProfessional who is excited to work in a unique charter school environment and who has at their core a powerful alignment to our school mission and a deep appreciation for the unique needs of diverse learners. We expect our educators to be leaders and to play an active role in realizing the school’s mission by building and shaping our school culture and guiding students to academic achievement and growth into capable citizens in a diverse and complex world.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in progressive education and diverse communities, and a solid understanding of supporting the academic, social and emotional development of young children of all learning styles and needs.
This position will be working one-on-one with a student with special needs on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position located in Kansas City, MO. For more information on Citizens of the World Charter Schools – Kansas City, please visit www.cwckansascity.org.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Qualifications & Traits
The ideal ParaProfessional will have/hold:
Compensation & Benefits
CWC Kansas City offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CWC Kansas City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an organization that values diversity and aims to serve a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
Please apply online through the BambooHR Application Portal on our website at www.cwckansascity.org/employment. No phone calls, please.
Employee Value Proposition
Who We Are
Who You Are
We are an intentionally diverse and welcoming community.
CWCKC was founded on a belief that we live in a richly diverse world and that diversity makes our experience better.
● You value diversity in all its dimensions and are excited to be part of a school community where that diversity is authentically encouraged and celebrated.
● You understand that identity is an important part of who we are - for both adults and students.
We believe education is about more than test scores.
Student learning matters and goes beyond just academics. Our teachers focus on the whole child by building our students’ socio-emotional skills and helping them develop a deeper understanding of themselves.
● You know that academic learning is important and have experience helping students develop their social-emotional skills.
● You understand how to balance academic rigor with the development of the whole child.
Our teaching approach centers students’ interests and needs within projects and real-world experiences.
We strive to provide learning experiences that are meaningful and make a difference in our school and community. Our teachers engage students in projects based on their interests and individual learning needs.
● You are excited about designing project-based learning experiences for students grounded in their interests, experiences, and identity.
● You value students constructing their own learning to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them.
● You embrace creativity and risk- taking in lesson planning.
Compensation and Benefits
We value our team, and one way that we show that is through compensation and benefits. For staff, we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:
Your application was submitted successfully.